The Food and Grocery Code is a voluntary code governing certain conduct by grocery retailers and wholesalers in their dealings with suppliers. These changes will impact food and beverage manufacturers and producers who supply products to retailers or wholesalers who are bound by the Code.
Key changes include:
- new dispute resolution process
- further guidance on factors to consider whenworking out if a retailer or wholesaler has acted in good faith
- new rules around price rise processes
- variations to the Grocery Supply Agreements (GSAs) can no longer have retrospective effect
- more Code obligations now apply to wholesalvers when purchasing groceries from suppliers